Thursday, February 7, 2013

82 and Counting


January 23, 2013: 82 and Counting: 13 miles (82:00) – ran home from work today.  On the days I run home from work, I catch a ride with a co-worker that lives about 1.5 miles away.  I do this maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks.  Depending on which way I run home, it can easily be made a 12, 13, or 15 mile run.  I believe it’s a good Boston prep run.  The first mile is downhill.  Miles 2-7 are mostly gently rolling with the exception of 2 or 3 short lung busters.  Miles 8-12 are not so gently rolling, and mile 13 is gently rolling to flat.  If I do the 15 miler, miles 1-10 are the same as the 12 and 13 miler, while miles 11-12.5 are gently rolling.  Miles 12.5 – 14 include two major uphills, and the last mile is downhill.  I usually try to put forth a good effort on these medium long run days.  Today was very cold again….about 18 degrees with moderate wind.  My legs felt decent, but not great.  Typically when I do this run, I’ve had a recovery run the day before, but yesterday was definitely a few notches above a recovery run.  This could explain the bit of fatigue.  Overall, happy with the result.

No comments: