Thursday, February 7, 2013

75 and Counting

January 30, 2013: 75 and Counting….  12 miles (83:50) – Hinkle-Deagan Lake out/back.  The forecast for this afternoon was rain and strong storms.  Therefore I got up at 4:00 am and was out the door by 4:30 for this one.  It was a balmy 60 degrees for this January 30th morning run….amazing!  I used my headlamp (batteries are running low, so it’s not quite as effective as it should be right now) more so cars could see me as opposed to me being able to see.  I ran relatively easy….partly b/c I wanted to recover from yesterday’s workout and partly b/c I couldn’t see very well in spots.  I typically run slower in the dark, even if I have a head lamp.  I’ve heard that when running in the dark, you have an illusion that you are running faster than you really are….I believe it.

No comments: