Wednesday, February 20, 2013

54 and Counting

February 20, 2013: 54 and Counting.....  15-miles (95:30) - ran home from work today.  I felt ok, but not quite as chipper as I did last week.  I was a little sore from pounding the steep downhills yesterday, plus I felt some general fatigue in my legs.  Last week may be catching up with me a bit.  Overall, I feel good about the run.  I feel like I ran a pretty decent pace with a little fatigue in my legs, which I hope helps prepare me for the marathon.  After the run, I hopped in the lake for a 12-minute soak.  This was one of the more torturous ice baths as it was 25 degrees outside and I'm guessing the water temperature was somewhere between 35-40 degrees.  I really didn't want to get in, but I chickened out yesterday; and with my legs feeling a little beat up, I thought it was necessary.  I look forward to the time when the air temperature is about 50-60 degrees, and the water temperature is about 45-50 degrees.  Those are ideal conditions for an ice bath....still uncomfortable at first, but easier to deal with, and it still does the trick.  I will probably stay off the pavement for the next 2 or 3 days.

No comments: