Saturday, February 23, 2013

52, 51 and Counting

February 23, 2013: 51 and Counting.....7-miles- recovery - treadmill (55:10) - did not feel wonderful today.  The front part of my heel felt tight, and I just felt a little banged up in general.  This actually surprised me after how great I felt yesterday.  I am ok with it though.  As long as there is tightness in the foot I will keep treating it.  It felt better this evening after rolling it with a golf ball.  I will keep trusting God that He has a plan....and it is good.

February 22, 2013: 52 and Counting.....11 - miles - BHS Track (4-mile warm-up w/8x100 meter strides; 4-mile tempo (21:08) My 1600 meter splits were: 5:15, 5:14, 5:16, and 5:12.  I ran about an extra 50 meters after the 16 laps to get a true 4 miles in.  I entered this workout on a high, which was none other than Christ.  There was a talent show today at the high school where I teach.  There were 17 acts, of which there was some pretty good talent.  However, there was one that brought me to the verge of tears.  Had I not held back my emotions, you might have been able to mop the floor with my tears.  A student sang the song 'Redeemed.'  It is a song that I have heard numerous times and sometimes do not even pay attention to it at times.  This time I payed attention.  To hear a student passionately sing a song worshipping God in a public school setting.....talk about powerful!  The name 'Jesus' is actually mentioned only once at the end of the song; but just the mention of His Name just multiplied the goose bumps I already had.  It was simply amazing.  It was yet another confirmation that the presence, peace, grace, mercy, and most of all...love of God trumps anything and everything.  There is no amount of wealth, fame, accomplishments, or anything else in all creation that is greater than experiencing a relationship with Christ.

Here is a link to the song 'Redeemed'.  I cannot share the song as a post because I am posting from a mobile device. You can either go to YouTube and type the song title in or copy and paste the link below.  Keep in mind....this song was sung by a student in a public school setting.....he even sounded just as good as the artist singing the song in the video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAGCow3dsg

No comments: