Thursday, February 7, 2013

72 and Counting


February 2, 2013: 72 and Counting…..  8-miles (Charleston – out/back Garrison Avenue/ Rt. 119). – 53:30.  The forecast is looking more and more grim for good racing conditions.  Therefore, instead of doing the originally scheduled 6-mile recovery, I added a couple of miles and picked the pace up a bit.  I have decided that after church tomorrow, I am going to drive the race course.  If it is in bad shape, I’m not running the race.  This will be a somewhat difficult decision b/c the race is the 3rd and final race of a Winter Series, and I am currently leading the series.  Of course, if I do not run the race, I am out of contention for winning the series.  However, I have to be smart and make a wise decision.  Racing on snowy, icy roads is not worth compromising training for Boston.

No comments: