Saturday, February 16, 2013

58 and Counting

February 16, 2013: 58 and Counting..... 8-mile recovery run - treadmill - (60:00).  I was back to being able to work up to 8.2 mph on the treadmill....definitely different that my recovery run 2 days ago.  It felt easy like a recovery run is supposed to feel.  During this one, I watched probably the most entertaining basketball team to watch in the state of West Virginia.....that would be the NCAA D2 3rd ranked, 25-1 West Liberty University Hilltoppers.  They won at Fairmont State today 103-99.  They average 105 points a game, shoot 40% from 3-point range (WVU shoots 40% from any range), are 86-2 in their last 88 home games, their coach (Clarksburg native Jim Crutchfield) is 234-44 in 9 seasons coaching West Lib.....that is the highest winning percentage of any NCAA basketball coach....ever.....ever!  Anyway, they are fun to watch.  They play smart, and score a ton of points.  Even though I am an A-B and WVU graduate and love the Battlers and the Mountaineers, I have definitely become a West Liberty fan over the last few years.  I admit, it's a bandwagon type deal.  If they would start to decline the next few years, I wouldn't really care about them much.  It is fun though to have a West Virginia team so successful. 

No comments: