Thursday, February 7, 2013

74 and Counting


January 31, 2013: 74 and Counting…..10 miles (Treadmill) – 71:30 – I was originally going to do either a 6 or 8-mile recovery run as the training schedule called for.  However, I have plans to run a 10K in Charleston on Sunday, so I thought I might switch some runs around and get the longer stuff in earlier and cut my mileage a bit as I got closer to the race.  Since yesterday was a little bit of an easy run, I felt pretty decent for this one.   I still wanted to keep it a relatively easy run.  However, I am convinced that my treadmill is off somehow on pacing.  For example, when I run 6:20 pace on my treadmill, it truly feels like closer to a 5:40 effort.  I know that sounds crazy, but when I do my marathon paced tempo runs, the effort feels very similar to the 6:20-25 on the treadmill.  I have no idea why….miscalibrated maybe?  Does my treadmill have a little bit of an incline even when the incline is set to zero?  Not sure, but when running on my treadmill, I have to run effort-based instead of pace-based.

No comments: