Tuesday, February 12, 2013

62 and Counting

February 12, 2013: 62 and Counting.....  12 miles - Bridgeport Track - 4 mile warm-up including 8 x 100 meter strides; 5-mile tempo (26:55); 3-mile cooldown.  Here are my 1600 meter splits for the tempo: 5:21, 5:21, 5:21, 5:19, 5:18....I then ran about 60 meters beyond the 8K mark to make sure I got the 5-miles in.  Overall, I feel it was a solid workout.  I was hoping all of my 1600 meter splits would have been in the 5:15-5:17 range, but it just wasn't happening today.  The temperature was perfect (about 50 degrees), but it was very windy.   I think that slowed me down a little.  I know one could say, 'you were running around a track, so you had as much tailwind as you did headwind.'  That is true, but I think there is a law of physics somewhere that says the amount of work/force you have to put forth running into a headwind is greater than the 'push' that you get from the tailwind.  In other words, although the tailwind certainly helps, I don't think it actually cancels out the work put forth running into the headwind.  I probably could have gotten down to the 5:15 range, but it would have felt more like a race effort instead of a tempo effort.

 God is good!  I feel His still, small voice spoke to me today about remembering to enjoy and seize each moment in the journey to the destination instead of just focusing on the destination itself.

Here is the link to today's song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdjRmM0Q0qs

This song is a great reminder of how God is ALWAYS with us, and He truly desires to give us hope and life.

No comments: