Saturday, February 9, 2013

65 and Counting

February 9, 2013: 65 and Counting.....7-miles (treadmill-recovery) - 59:00 - Wow!  Just as this past Wednesday's run was a pleasant surprise, this run was surprisingly a disaster.  The good news it was only a recovery run.  What I couldn't quite figure out was why 8-minute pace felt so hard.  I've mentioned in earlier posts that maybe my treadmill could be slightly mis-calibrated, but I was still surprised how tough this recovery run was.  I even slowed to 8:30 pace...something that did not feel so laborious.  During this run I was listening to the books of Philippians, Colossians, and 1 Thessalonians on a dramatized audio Bible.  This was no doubt the highlight of the 59:00.  One of the  verses in Philippians said, "one thing I do....forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  This is a run to forget, and tomorrow I press on.  God is good!  God is faithful!

On a side note: I feel like God laid something on my heart to add to each post.  Starting today, I am going to try to add a link to a song that has inspired or inspires me.  I hope to have a song for each post.  They will likely be YouTube links.  They could range from worship music to contemporary Christian music, Jesus hip-hop music, Jesus rock music, and possibly on occasional inspirational song that's not necessarily labeled as 'Christian'.  My hope and prayer is that God uses these songs to bless, inspire, and help listeners experience His presence through the music.  Here is the first one:  it is a song about my 'Hero'.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kiXBVAJtj2k



No comments: