Thursday, February 7, 2013

68 and Counting

February, 6, 2013: 68 and Counting…..  13 miles (ran home from school) – 79:00.  Ok, I was pretty shocked by this one.  I know I had a fever last night b/c I was freezing as I headed to bed; took an ibuprofen, then woke up with my sheets soaked from sweat.  I thought twice about running home from school, but I felt fine when I woke up in the morning, so I still caught a ride with my co-worker, and decided I would probably just run pretty easy.  Well, as the day wore on, I actually began to feel not-so-good again.  When I changed clothes after work, I actually had that cold feeling, like I might have a fever again.  I decided that I would just push through and run as easy as I had to.  As I started the run, I began to feel better and better, and with a slight tailwind, was able run my fastest 13-mile time home from school.  Another run to really praise God for.  He took what I thought could be a disaster, and turned it in to one of my best runs on this particular route.  I have to say after the run, I was not feeling good.  The chills returned with a vengeance, and after a long, hot shower, I took a short nap; downed a couple of ibuprofen, and felt better as my fever broke again, and my body aches subsided.  I hope to get a good night’s rest, and feel better tomorrow.

No comments: