Saturday, January 4, 2014

One week to go!

January 4, 2014......16-miles (15 miles in 92:21, then a 1-mile shag).  What a gorgeous day today!  When I woke up this morning it was around 8 degrees, and by the time I got out for my run at 1 pm, it was up to 41 degrees, which almost felt like 61!  The run itself went really well.  I hadn't planned on running as fast as I did, but I felt so good, and so strong, I just let it rip a little bit.  The good news is that I never felt like I was straining.  I was definitely working hard on the uphills, but never felt strained or weak.  From here on out, the longest run I will probably do will be about be around 8 miles.  I will need to make a strong effort this coming week to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest.  I want to do everything I can to do my part in preparing for the race, and leaving the results up to God.  I'm just really believing that He is going to do something with this race that I could never achieve on my own.  To Him be the glory.

No comments: