Thursday, January 9, 2014

3, 2....

January 9, 2014.....6-miles with 8 x 20 second strides - Maple Lake.  I felt a touch stale the first four miles.  I then changed into racing flats and did a mile with the strides and a 30 second jog in between each stride.  I then jogged the final mile.  The legs felt good for the strides, which is encouraging.  I still need to stay on top of the little things such as staying hydrated, and getting plenty of rest.  The runDisney crew has called for a 'heat advisory' for the races due to warmer than expected temperatures.  As of right now, it is supposed to be 66 degrees with 100 percent humidity at the start of the race.  That is around 30 degrees warmer than what I ran in today.  Nothing is too big for God.  I certainly do not want to worry about race conditions.  No matter what, I want run courageously and wisely with a heart fully trusting God and resting in Him.  There is no time or energy to be wasted worrying about things that are in His hands.  No matter what......He is good.

January 8, 2014......6-mile recovery run - home treadmill.  This was a relatively uneventful run....thankfully.  I was surprised to get another day off of school.  Training-wise, this allowed me to get a little extra rest and also get my run in around 9 am instead of the originally planned 4 pm run after school.  It also allowed extra time to prepare for a lesson I was teaching at my church's Wednesday night Discovery Rangers class.  This is a fun, energetic group of 8-11 year old boys that I had the joy to hang out with.  Although they have to be reeled in at times, they are GREAT kids that God has awesome plans for.  I definitely would rather have to harness a surplus of energy than spend my time and energy prodding kids to stay awake.  We had a good time learning about the armor of God.  I just now need to make sure I am physically and spiritually equipped to run well on Saturday.  God is my Source and my Strength.  May His purpose and plan be accomplished!


No comments: