Monday, January 6, 2014

5 to go!

January 6, 2014.......8-miles (Home treadmill) 60:00.   I never really considered running outside today with the slick roads, single digit temperatures, and below zero wind chill factor.  I was amazed how good I felt for this run on the treadmill.  My legs felt fresh, and my breathing was controlled.   I plan to do a relatively light workout tomorrow (again on the treadmill).
     Even though I know that God is always with me, I have sensed His Presence in a special way the last few days.  It's heartbreaking to think that the majority of people in this world have never sensed God's Presence or even the 'inner peace' and feeling of 'completeness' that comes from knowing Him.  So many people go through their daily live's with such a 'void.'  Some wonder why it is there; some try their best to ignore it; and some try in vain to fill it with whatever the world has to offer (money, drugs, relationships, hobbies, sex, success, religion, etc.).  Filling it with anything other than Christ is like pouring water into a bottomless glass........you can pour all you want into it.....your soul still comes up empty.  Jesus is the ONLY one that can fill it.

No comments: