Friday, January 10, 2014

1.......

January 10, 2014.....4-miles - Maple Lake - no watch.  As I sit here typing, the race is less than 15 hours away, and I am still sitting in the Clarksburg, WV Airport over 900 miles from the starting line.   My flight has been delayed...even to the point where I will miss my connecting flight in DC to Orlando.  I have been re-booked for a 10 pm flight, which would put me in Orlando around 5 hours before the start of the race.  I can tell you this........the Peace of God is priceless.  There is part of me that is obviously disappointed b/c getting there after midnight is not ideal before a 5:30 AM race.  However it's better than getting there AFTER the race.  I would not trade Him for anything.  My life is in His hands.  Nothing surprises Him.  I heard a saying from a friend in college that I will never forget.  He told me...."stay calm, cool, and collected, because God is not affected."  In some ways the adversity excites me.  I'm excited to see what God is going to do.  Even if I had to miss the race, deep down, it would be well with my soul.  Don't get me wrong, there would be some disappointment and frustration, but having Christ as my anchor, it's just a bump in the road.  In fact, there are thousands of people in West Virginia, and countless millions (maybe billions?) in the world that don't even have clean water right now.  I have it pretty good.
     My prayer heading into the race is still for my heart to be right before God.  I still want to run as a worship to Him.  I want His light to shine through me.  A dream come true would be even for one person to be drawn to Christ through all of this.   I want my life to point to Him.  To Him be the glory.

No comments: