Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2, 2015: New Race....New Place.....Part 1

January 2, 2015:  It's a new year, and for most people, it's a time for new beginnings.  We tend to make resolutions, set new goals, and/or strive to put ourselves in a better situation (whether it be health-wise, finance-wise, or spiritual-wise among other things).  In most cases, however, we tend to start off well only to fade or stray back into our old ways within a few weeks.

    I am hoping and believing that this year will be different.  A few of my goals for the new year are:

  • Get back to running with a purpose, more specifically....God's purposes.  I feel like I've lost that a little bit in the last few months.
  • to make a post in this blog at least 2-3 times a week
  • to rid myself of my life-long procrastination problem (if anyone has advice here, please let me know)
  • to live my life in total surrender to God.  His thoughts are above my thoughts, and His ways are above my ways (paraphrased from Isaiah 55:8-9).  I want to follow Him and His plan even more closely than I ever have before.
  • I also want to update and keep up with my currently very amateur-looking teamrunfree.com website.  
I want to encourage everyone to seek God's direction and strength as you pursue taking yourself to a NEW LEVEL this year.  SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN GOD'S BEST! :-)

Stay tuned for my next post, as I will explain when and where my next planned marathon is.

No comments: