Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's Ok.

January 14, 2015: Ok... Here's the situation. I did a workout on the treadmill yesterday, and felt pretty good.  A couple of hours after the work out, my right calf felt a little bit sore and tight.  The good news........the pain level was pretty low.  But the not so good news….The pain reminded me a little bit of the pain I felt when I strained my left calf in September.... Which by the way, put me on the shelf for a few weeks.

Here's where I stand: I have scratched my planned 15 mile run today.  Instead, I'm going to take the day off.  I plan to run a few easy miles tomorrow to see how it feels.  If I can get through a few easy miles without increased pain, that would be a good sign.  This is truly what I'm hoping.

However, no matter what happens, God is still good.  I trust Him no matter what.

Burlap to Cashmere sings a song called "From Above".  Near the beginning of the song there is a line that says "if I had no feet to run, it would be a blessing."

Like I said before, I'm truly hoping this calf soreness is no big deal and I can resume regular training soon.  However, whether I can run, or not run, I am very blessed.  With Jesus, I can be content deep inside my soul no matter what the circumstances.  I would not trade anything in the world for this contentment and peace.

The song by Burlap to Cashmere will be posted next.  It's a good tune. :-)

No comments: