Monday, January 26, 2015

32 until Race Day

January 26, 2015:  After starting last week on the rough side (with a nasty blister, slower runs, and compensation pain), the latter part of the week definitely improved.  I went from so-so runs early on to at least 'solid' runs on Friday and Saturday.  I ended up running 92 miles for the week (the most since summer), and by the end of the week, the blister pain was significantly lighter.  The compensation pain lightened up as well.  Although I am not running my training runs as fast as I did for the Chicago buildup, I am extremely thankful to get through a higher-mileage week (for me) pretty healthy, and still feeling pretty good.  I want to continue to give everything to God.  I want my heart to be steadfast and fixed on Him....not on training run times.  He has a plan, and I want to surrender my thoughts and plans to Him.

I plan to run a 10K race in Charleston this coming weekend.....weather pending.  The temperature will not affect my decision, but road conditions will.  As long as I'm healthy, and the roads are clear, I plan to run.  I have not run a race since Thanksgiving Day (my slowest 5K in years), so it will be interesting to see what happens if I get to run in Charleston.  The plan is to hopefully run around 80 miles this week.  I would also like to provide a brief post each day from here all the way to the marathon.

To God be the Glory.

No comments: