Thursday, April 11, 2013

6, 5, and Counting....

April 10, 2013: 5 and Counting..... 7-miles (46:30) - out/back - Middleville Rd. - Today was a hot (84 degrees), windy day.  Since I took Monday off, and ran easy yesterday, I wanted to get a moderate effort in today to avoid too many easy days in a row.  This run reminded me of Sunday's as I had a friendly tailwind on the way out over Middleville's rolling hills.....but then on the way back I felt as if the wind was constantly pushing against me as if it didn't want me to get home.  I am beginning to wonder if this wind is a sign of things to come (I certainly hope not).   As I have looked at weather.com everyday to get the latest updates on Monday's forecast, I most recently noticed that they are predicting the wind to now come out of the South Southeast (SSE), which means it would mostly be a cross/head wind.  Before this, the forecast kept predicting wind to come out of the Southwest (SW) or South Southwest (SSW), which would have been closer to a cross/tailwind (much nicer).  I know ultimately it is up to God, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he told the winds to 'be still' on Monday OR to switch the wind back to the West to help carry everyone along.  No matter what the weather though, I just want to surrender the race to Him, and run with the peace and joy that comes only from Him.

April 9, 2013: 6 and Counting..... 6-miles (43:20) - out/back - Shinnston Rail-Trail - I felt pretty decent today, but wanted to stick to the plan and run at 'recovery' effort.  I am glad I will not be running anything hard on this rail-trail soon as the footing on the trail has deteriorated a bit with people riding their horses.  I certainly realize that people have a right to ride their horses on the trail, but it does make it easier for runners to turn an ankle or something else due to the ruts that the horse hooves create.  However, running slower makes it easier to concentrate on where I am placing my feet.         

No comments: