Friday, April 5, 2013

12, 11, 10, and Counting

April 5, 2013: 10 and Counting:  5-miles (37:24) - Recovery Run - Maple Lake.  So, here we are...the countdown from 10....like a space shuttle getting ready to launch. :-P  Going back to the introduction of this blog, I believe this is going to be a redemptive race.  God is faithful, and I believe He cares....even about this race....He cares.  As the race draws closer, I want to draw closer to God...not because of the Boston Marathon, but because there is no greater place to be than in the presence of God....to seek Him more....to know Him more.....there is nothing better!  We were created to commune with God....to love Him, and to love people.  I want to desire Him more than I desire anything else.  My prayer over the next 10 days is that I will desire Him more than a good result in Boston; and that no matter what happens in Boston, my desire for Him will not wane.  God is good.

April 4, 2013: 11 and Counting.....10-miles (3.5 mile warm-up with 8 x 100 meter strides; 3 x 1600 meters w/400 meter jog in between.  My splits were: 4:50, 4:54, 4:51; 3-mile cool-down)  The weather was next to perfect today....mid-50's and not too windy.  Today was another day where I felt ok, but not great.  With the way I was feeling, I was pleased with the results of the workout; especially the last 1600.  I struggled a little on the 2nd one, and wasn't sure how the last one would go.  Being the last one, I pushed a little harder the last 100 meters which helped my time.  This is basically what I would call the last 'hard' workout before Boston.  The rest of the way will be either recovery or 'tune-up' type runs. 

April 3, 2013: 12 and Counting......6-miles (no watch) - Recovery run - out/back-Middleville Rd.  The legs did not feel as good as I thought they would today.  However I was happy to get it in and feel relatively healthy (not injured) as the taper is getting into full-swing.....trying to keep my eye on the prize. 

No comments: