Thursday, April 11, 2013

4 and Counting.....

April 11, 2013: 4 and Counting..... 7-miles (3-mile warmup; 2-mile marathon tempo (11:23); 2-mile cooldown.  This is truly the last faster running day until the marathon. From here on out,  it's all recovery runs with some strides thrown in on Saturday.  This marathon 'dress rehearsal' felt a little harder than I wanted it too.  I hope it has to due with the fact that it was 80 degrees and there were a few rolling hills thrown in.  My ultimate prayer over the next 4 days is that my heart is where God wants it to be heading into the race.  I want to run free....run for Him.....run as a worship to Him.  I want to totally surrender the race to Him.....to run free from any pressure to meet the top 100 and sub 2:30 goals.  No matter what happens....'it is well'. 

No comments: