Sunday, April 14, 2013

3, 2, 1 and Counting.....

April 14, 2013: 1 and Counting..... 4-miles (29:40) - out/back - Merrill Rd/Route 27 (Candia, NH) - last run before the big day.  However, I am wanting to always keep in mind that God is bigger than this day, this race.  My continued prayer is to LOCK-IN on Him.  It's not about me and my goals.  It's about Him and His purposes.  With this race and my life being about Him, it brings about a peace and a freedom in my soul.  Any burdens of expectations of myself and others belong to Him.  He chooses to carry those for me and allows me to run free....run for Him....run with the assurance that His immeasurable love for me does not change.  His love is there through trials and triumphs.  He is there to rejoice with me in victory, or pick me up in defeat.  He is constant.  He is my peace.  Going back to goals that I am free from.....(top 100; sub 2:30).......He can do immeasurably more than this.  NO MATTER WHAT.......HE IS MY STRENGTH AND MY SONG.....HE IS GOOD.

April 13, 2013: 5-miles (35:30) - out/back - Merrill Rd./Route 27 (Candia/Hooksett, NH) -.  The highlight of the day was seeing my nephew and niece in their school talent show.  Watching my niece (who is in the 3rd grade) play the guitar, sing, then do another beautiful dance to a song from Anastasia almost brought tears to my eyes.  If I did not get to run the Boston Marathon on Monday, spending time with family and watching my niece do something that God has gifted her with makes the whole trip worth it. She was inspiring.  What she did on stage was something that moves people.  As she sang "Peace like a river", I truly experienced 'peace' like a river.  As she most beautifully danced,  it was almost as if her dance was a worship to God.  I could almost sense God smiling down upon.  I KNOW HE WAS SMILING DOWN ON HER.  She is a young girl that is full of life, and full of talent that God has given.  I thank Him for allowing me to experience this.  He is good. 

April 12, 2013: 3 and Counting....  6-miles (44:50) - out/back - Shinnston Rail Trail.  This 6-mile recovery run put my mileage at exactly 1,000 since January 1st.  That may sound like a lot of miles, but to run a fast marathon, it would be considered pretty low mileage.  With the marathon being 3 days away, I want to thank God for these 1,000 miles.  I also want to give/surrender these miles to Him and may He do with these miles only what He can do.  I run for Him and truly want Him to accomplish what He desires.  I want my desires to be His desires.  I want to run the race on Monday with His joy, His peace, His wisdom, His courage.  I want to be emptied out and be filled with His Spirit.  He is so good.

No comments: