Thursday, March 28, 2013

20, 19, 18, and Counting......

March 28, 2013: 18 and Counting..... 6-miles (50:00) recovery - treadmill.  Just took it really easy today.  I was a little sore/tight from the last 2 days.  I watched part of an episode of "The Bible" for the first time today while running the treadmill.  It seems to be really well done....definitely the best movie/show I have seen about Jesus with the exception of "Passion of the Christ." 

March 27, 2013:  19 and Counting..... 12-miles  (73:40) - ran home from school today for the last time before the marathon.  I didn't expect to feel this good or run this fast after yesterday's workout.  I didn't look at the time on my watch until I got home.  I wanted to run based on effort instead of time.  I definitely wanted to put in a solid effort and work the hills.....extremely happy with the outcome.  I took a 12-minute ice bath in the lake after this one......then soaked my legs in warm bath water afterwards.......the warm bath water was definitely more enjoyable. :-P

March 26, 2013: 20 and Counting...... 10 miles; 4-mile warm-up with strides; 5 x half-mile (at 12.5 mph or 4:48 per mile pace (2:24 per half mile)) on treadmill with 0.3 mile jog in between; 2-mile cool down.  These felt pretty good aerobically.  However, my hamstrings did tighten a bit in the middle of this workout.  They did not get progressively worse, so I went ahead and finished the workout.  Hamstrings felt better as the evening progressed......Praise God!! 

No comments: