Sunday, March 17, 2013

29 and Counting

March 17, 2013: 29 and Counting.....18 miles (3-mile warm-up (20:45); Grafton 5-mile Road Race (actually it is 4.93 according to GPS) - 24:47 - 1st place (mile splits: 4:57, 4:59, 4:57, 5:21 (mostly uphill), 4:28 (downhill/flat for 0.93 miles)) ; 10-mile post race run (67:40).  Today was a great day!  The weather was perfect for a race....about 38 degrees.....light winds.....cloudy.  Even though this is not a legit 5-mile course, I was very pleased with my time considering the hills, and the fact that I have not done a real speed workout in over 2 weeks.  Overall, my back felt pretty decent (Praise God!)....same with my heel.  I'm still feeling tightness/soreness in both places, but again, by the grace of God, I have been able to run through it without either being debilitating.  I am really starting to feel some excitement for Boston.
 I truly feel like God is sustaining me and carrying me through the training......(Isaiah 46:4 says, "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (NIV)

1 comment:

Jason Pyles said...

Great talking with you yesterday. I too think you have the hit the turning point in the training, now your on mission more then ever to run Gods race on April 15th!