Thursday, March 21, 2013

25 and Counting

March 21, 2013: 25 and Counting.....  16 miles (98:30) - Ran home from school.  This run surprised me.  I didn't expect to run this fast because of the workout yesterday.  I did feel some fatigue in my legs throughout, but still felt pretty strong and I had a tailwind for about 80% of the run.  I will definitely take it easy for the next couple of days before my last long run before the taper starts.  I would like to feel relatively fresh for Sunday's long run.  All I can say is God is so faithful.   My legs felt pretty dead all day at school and I expected them to feel similar for the run home.  I told myself that it was ok to run easy...even if that meant running 7-minute pace or even slower.  My legs did not feel fresh by any means but once I started running they did come alive a little bit.  God continues to bless.....He continues to sustain me.

1 comment:

Jason Pyles said...

Great sign! Taper time is almost here for you! I think I'm as excited for your Boston race as you are!! April 15th is going to be a breakthrough race!