Monday, February 9, 2015

Taper Time!

February 9, 2015: I just finished up 3 straight weeks of 92, 91, and 92 miles, respectively.  I am pretty sure this is at least close to the most mileage I have done in a three week period.  Also, because I ran long on Sunday of last week, and long again this past Saturday....over a 7-day period, I logged 104 miles....again, I'm pretty sure that is the most I have done over 7 days.  Now it's time to start tapering (reducing mileage).  Heading into the taper, all I can do is thank God.  His Grace and Mercy have kept me healthy and strong.
      I don't know exactly what this means for the marathon, but I am going to believe God for great things.....first of all....to accomplish His purpose.  I don't believe His purpose is for me to simply run a fast time (which is relative depending on who you talk to), or have a good race.  Running well is hopefully part of the plan, but I believe He has greater things in mind.  I want to be Christ's ambassador (2 Corinthians 5:20) in Phoenix.  In some way, I simply want to reflect Him.  I don't want to force anything, but be led by the Spirit and accomplish His purpose.  My flesh will fight this, but I pray that God's Spirit overcomes my flesh.  It still amazes me how much God's loves us and wants to move in us and through us even though we fall short everyday.  Whenever we stumble or fall short, we must repent, get back up, and keep moving forward.  We don't want to miss out on God's best for us.

No comments: