Saturday, February 14, 2015

14 days to go

February 14, 2015.....Happy Valentine's Day Everyone. :-)  I have had the same wonderful Valentine for the past 13 years....4 years as my beautiful girlfriend/fiancee, and the past 9 years as my beautiful bride. :-)
It also marks 5 years since my marathon PR (2:29:30) in Birmingham, AL.
     With 2 weeks to go until Phoenix, I believe the potential is there for a new PR.  How much of one?  I'm not sure.  If it's a hot morning, or if there is a stiff head-wind, the chances could be slim.  If it's a cool morning with relatively light winds.....we will see.  I want to believe God for the best race possible.  With Him, ALL things are possible.  I just want to surrender these last couple of weeks all to Him.  I want Him to be the focus, and I want to leave results to Him.  Above all, I want Him to accomplish His purpose and plan.
     Today was my last "Long" run before the marathon.  Originally, I had planned to run a race today in Pittsburgh, but the weather nixed those plans.  Instead, I ran harder than planned yesterday, then came back with my last long run today.  My legs are pretty tired.  I think it is combination of a speed workout Tuesday, a pretty hard 12-miler on Wednesday, and a pretty brisk 8-miler yesterday.  I was pretty happy with today's results considering this past week.
     Now it's time to put more emphasis on recovery than on miles and speed.  Not that I will be running 'easy' from here on out.  There will be days when I try to run a little harder, but my mileage will be decreasing relatively significantly leading into the marathon, and 'recovery' days will be happening a little more than usual.
     I am going to post a song by Matt Maher that has really resonated with me lately.  I hope you listen to it, and are blessed.  We live, because He lives. :-)

No comments: